Ukrainian film director and artist living and working in Kiev and Odessa
Anastasiya Kharchenko was born in Bendery, Moldova. She graduated from the Film and Television Institute of the Kyiv National University of Culture and Arts in 2004.
While a student, she performed a starring role in the biographical film about the Ukrainian artist and modern art theoretician of the Avant-garde, Alexander Bogomazov. In the film she played the wife of Mr. Bogomazov (“The Sign of the Divine Spark”; film studio “Kievnauchfilm”; directed by Igor Neduzhko; 2001). The daughter of Mr. Bogomazov Yaroslava, with respect to Anastasiya`s performance, stated: “In this girl I saw my mother!”.
In 2004 Anastasiya`s final student film received the highest honors. Based on that student film she went on to write an expanded script for a documentary about the Ukrainian artist and poetess Ulyana Slyusar “Firebird”. That same year she won a grant from the President of Ukraine for film production. In 2010 Anastasiya received a certificate for her personal contribution to Ukrainian art and the development of the National Culture. In 2011 she further received a scholarship from the Kyiv mayor awarded for gifted youth.
Her films have been exhibited and selected for award at many international film festivals.
Anastasiya has been a member of the international jury of such film festivals as the Wildlife Vaasa Nature Film Festival, Vaasa, Finland (2016, 2018) and the Calcutta International Cult Film Festival, Calcutta, India (2016), Las Palmas de Gran Canaria International Film Festival (2018).
Drawing was one of her favorite subjects in the university, and she often turns to painting for inspiration as a writer and director. She started oil painting in 2016, and very quickly her painting has become a primary creative outlet.
More information is provided in the section PAINTINGS
2013 – Bekendor – short documentary, wrote and directed “Ukrkinokhronika” SE Ukrainian Documentary Films Studio
- The award of XІV Kyiv International documentary film festival “Kinolitopys” for the preservation of the environment and national traditions, Kyiv, Ukraine, 2016;
- Best documentary, Mediterranean film festival (MedFF 2016), Siracusa, Italy/Sicily;
- The BEST AWARD of “Film on Nature/Environment/Wildlife” at the “CreActive International Open Film Festival (IOFF)”, 2016;
- Judges Choice award, International Peace & Film Festival 2015, Orlando, FL, USA;
- Essence Award in the Short Documentary category, International Peace & Film Festival 2015, Orlando, FL, USA;
- The best documentary, in the category “The nature of my land”, International film festival for Children and Adolescence “Golden Chicken”, Mariupol, Ukraine, 2015;
- Best Director of Photography, International film festival “KiTy” ( “КиТы”), Mariupol, Ukraine, 2015;
- Honorary Mention. Athens International Digital Film Festival AIDFF, Athens, Greece, 2014;
- The Mayor of the City of Ostrava Award. The International Movie Festival Ekofilm, Ostrava, Czech Republic, 2014;
- Special Mention. Wildlife Vaasa International Nature Film Festival, Vaasa, Finland, 2014;
- The best short documentary, Barents Ecology Film Festival (BEFF 2014), Petrozavodsk, Russia, 2014;
- 2nd prize in the category “Eco Tourism”. 7th International Tourism Film Festival, “TOURFILM – RIGA 2014”, Riga, Latvia, 2014
2006 – Bozhychi – short documentary, wrote and directed Film Studio «Cinematographist»
- Silver medal, The first International Film Festival of the Shanghai Cooperation Organization, Kyrgyzstan, 2007
- The best film of 6th International Film Festival of tourist films “Wind of wandering”, Ukraine, 2008
- Diploma for the development of folk themes in documentary , festival “Golden Mill”, Ukraine, 2010.
2005 – Firebird – short documentary, wrote and directed Film Studio «Cinematographist»
- Prize “Silver Knight “, International Film Festival “Golden Knight”, Russia, 2005
2006 – Utesov: A Life Long Song – series, assistant director PRO-TV, Ukraine-Russia
2006 – Orange Sky – a full length feature film, acted as assistant director to Alexandr Kirienko with the Cinema Production
2006 – Liberation Darnitsa (Освобождение Дарницы) – short documentary, directed To order of the Kiev city administration, “Mars-TV”
2001 – Znak bozhey iskry – short documentary& fiction, actress, directed by Igor Neduzhko, Kievnauchfilm (Kiev Science Film).